We encourage you to monitor the CDC’s Coronavirus page for accurate information. Also rest in Psalm 91:1-2: Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Update 3/18/20: Just added – a Sunday 5 PM service to the online weekend experience! Go to churchonline.gfc.org Sunday at 9:30AM, 11AM, or 5PM. Also, Grace Cares is providing love and support to those in need. If you are interested in ways to serve others during this time or would like to request support, please visit the Grace Cares page.
Update 3/14/20: Grace’s online services this weekend are Sunday at 9:30 & 11AM on churchonline.gfc.org. Our online experience will take the place of on-site services until further notice. Online service times are subject to change in the future. All other GFC events and gatherings will be postponed until further notice including the grand opening of our new auditorium. Please check this website regularly for updates and to read about our coronavirus efforts.
Update 3/12/20: As a result of the Maryland governor’s executive order, Grace will shift to online services instead of on-site until further notice. The grand opening of our new auditorium planned for March 14-15 will be postponed to a later date. All other ministry gatherings and meetings at GFC are also postponed until further notice. The building is currently closed to the public during the week due to construction and will remain closed for the time being. We’ll keep you updated with more information as soon as possibl
Update 3/11/20: Grace is committed to ensuring your safety and security as you worship with us and we are aware of coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns affecting several people in countries around the world. As the virus—which originated in China in December 2019—has now reached the United States, we want to assure you that our staff is actively monitoring Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports, as well as local, state, and national news coverage. Recently, Maryland has confirmed coronavirus cases and the governor has declared a state of emergency. Officials have asked Marylanders to remain calm but prepare for the possibility of an outbreak. At Grace, we are taking these notices seriously. We trust God’s protection and also believe in proactive planning. So, here are the preventative measures we are taking as a church:
- Limited Greetings: We have reviewed some of our greeting practices during services and decided to pause our customary stand and greet practice. We are also considering other ways for our greeters to remain hospitable yet limit contact including opening the doors as you enter Grace.
- Increased Disinfecting: Common areas are being disinfected even more to reduce the transmission of illnesses. Our staff is disinfecting locations around the building including door knobs, handles, and commonly touched surfaces.
- Supplied Antibacterial Products: For the past few months, hand sanitizer and facial tissues have been provided in various locations throughout the building for use as needed and we will continue to provide these products. Yet, as a standard health practice, we encourage you to wash your hands thoroughly and regularly while attending service at Grace.
While we would love for everyone to continue attending services with us during this season, here are a few preventative measures you can take:
- If you are not feeling well for any reason or have possibly been at risk of coronavirus contact under any circumstance, we advise you to remain home for your health and the safety of others. Grace has sermons online that you can watch at your leisure so that you can still remain connected and keep up with the teaching series.
- Additionally, if you have a pre-existing medical condition that compromises your immune system or a high risk of contracting illness as documented by the CDC, we urge you to follow the advice of your medical provider.
- We also encourage you to check the CDC’s Coronavirus page for accurate information.
We will keep you informed if there are any updates that affect our normal operations. In the meantime, please join us in praying for this global health pandemic. We are praying for families affected by the virus as well as the medical and government officials working to contain the spread and search for a vaccine. In addition to the protection of our local Grace body, we also ask that you pray for the safety of our field workers serving the Lord internationally.
If you have questions, please visit the contact section on this site to send your submission.
Thank you in advance for your partnership and we look forward to worshipping with you soon!