A place to gather
While our weekly programming has wrapped up for the 2020-21 school year, we are still intentionally connecting with students through for some fun, summer in-person gatherings, and through our social media platforms to build relationships, worship, pray, engage with biblical teaching, and have fun! Email email@example.com to get connected!
This summer is going to be great! We miss you already so don’t’ hesitate to jump right in. We want to hang out with you!
New Families and Returning Families:
Make sure to register your students so you don’t miss out on any upcoming gatherings, events, trips, or adventures we are planning for the summer. In July we will are headed to Guppy Gulch and in August we’ve got hiking, tubing, and a bonfire planned. We want to see our students there!
Greet and Treat:
Here is what you need to know:
- The “Summer Bridge” program is for current 5th and 6th graders (rising 6th & 7th graders for fall 2021). We will be gathering together at the 9:30 a.m. in-person service at GFC for fun, fellowship, and time in God’s Word.
- Your first step, whether you are a new or returning family, is to complete the following Family Registration Form to ensure that Grace Students has your most updated contact information and the age, grade, and any medical needs for your student. This form only needs to be completed once.
- Once the form is filled out, you will receive the link to register your 6th grader for in-person service in the confirmation message. Spaces are limited, so please register promptly. You can bookmark this link to register your 6th grader week to week for in-person service. Registration opens weekly on Wednesdays at noon.
Classroom grade promotion on September 12:
As your students have wrapped up their final weeks of school and are anticipating the transition to their next grade in fall, we wanted to let you know that we will promote all students to their next grade classroom on September 12 (more information to follow). Until then, we will continue to use your student’s current (2020-21 academic year) grade. Do not hesitate to let us know about any special circumstances related to your child’s grade by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grace Students Supports:
Our desire is to remove any barriers that prevent a student from having the opportunity to fully participate in our student ministry programs. Contact Liz Lucking at email@example.com to learn more about how we can come alongside your student.
Current Grace Students COVID Guidelines for classrooms:
- Masks are required to be worn by all 6th grade students.
- Our classroom capacity limits are set using the CDC’s guidelines for kids in Middle School.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our classrooms and hallway.
- Students will have access to individual supply bags for classroom activities as needed.
- The Large Group Program focuses on creating an experience where students can actively participate in worship through fellowship, music, and biblical teaching. All of our elements are designed to help students develop a deeper relationship with Jesus, leaders, and peers.
- Our Small Groups are called D-Teams. The “D” stands for “discipleship”. Each small group consists of 8-10 same gendered students and is led by an adult leader who cares deeply about inspiring a life worth pursuing in their students. Students discuss the teaching, develop practical application, and practice faith building habits such as prayer, encouragement, and serving.
- Retreats and Serving Opportunities are scheduled regularly throughout the year. These events help to build strong bonds within D-Teams and encourage students to own their faith in dynamic ways.
We highly encourage students to attend main service with their parents/families. An alternative is to encourage your child to serve during the morning services in Grace Kids, the Buddy Ministry, or the Guest Services team.
The best way for your child to get connected is to contact Christine Seese at firstname.lastname@example.org. Christine and the Grace Students Connections Team will assist with registration and help to connect your child with intentional peers and a well-seasoned leader upon arrival.
Our desire is that our ministry is fully accessible for every child no matter the unique needs or challenges. We will work to accommodate any student who has been affected by a disability. If you would like to connect with us about your child, please contact Christine at email@example.com